The JHRS Earthquake Message Board: Reach out and show your support to your fellow HR Professionals in Japan

• 14 Mar 2011 19:52
    Reply # 545314 on 544272
    Yasin AlYasin
    "I think the best way can help at this time in Tokyo and Kanto area is to stay calm, stay at home or work place cut the use of elctricity as much as possible, if any thing happen help the people around and close to you in your area especialy the old and children. For the people in Disaster area pray for them and at this time let the profissional do thier job."  -- Yasin AlYasin [Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo @ LinkedIn]
  • 14 Mar 2011 19:57
    Reply # 545315 on 544272
    Brent Conkle
    "Face Book update on power shortages.
    Japan Earthquake Information - Updated Mar 14, 8:05AM

Scheduled Blackout
    There will be a scheduled blackout (power outage) starting the morning of 3/14 in Tokyo, Tochigi, Ibaraki, Gunma, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama, Yamanashi, and Shizuoka.
    Areas will be divided into 5 groups and each group will experience about 3 hours of power outage.

Please refer to the TEPCO Homepage (as of now, the list is only provided in Japanese) to find out which group you are in and what time the power outage will occur in your group.

Train companies have announced that there will be irregular operation, including out of service hours. Summary here.

JR | Tokyo Metro | Toei Subway/Bus | Tokyu | Odakyu | Keio | Tobu | Keikyu | Keisei

Major out of services are: Tokaido Line (all day), Yokosuka Line (all day), Yokohama Line (all day), Odakyu will only operate between Kyodo to Shinjyuku (all day), Keio will only operate between Chofu and Shinjyuku (during morning and evening rush hours).

The Facebook website will not be affected by this blackout.

About this box: Facebook uses this box to provide information to foreigners and visitors in Japan for the duration of the current crisis.

A couple of useful links for non-japanese

Various sources of media in one place:
    http://www.infowars.com/tracking-page-japans-nuclear-meltdown-aftershocks-fallout/

PDF download for U.S. Army Survival Guide
    http://www.equipped.com/fm3-0570.htm

Stay safe and stay proactive all."
    -- Brent Conkle [HR Japan Roundtable @ LinkedIn]
  • 15 Mar 2011 00:15
    Reply # 545463 on 544272
    Sylvia Berrevoet
    "From the deepest, darkest, saddest moments in history the most beautiful things are born. What to say in such a tragedy...I wish for all of you that you will find back light, love and laughter. That Japan will be rebuild into a beautiful country, better even than before. And I wish for you and the whole world that a less dangerous way of creating electricity will be found. Good luck and courage!" -- Sylvia Berrevoet [Linked:HR - EMEA 3350+ (Europe, Middle East, Africa) @ LinkedIn]
  • 15 Mar 2011 01:45
    Reply # 545536 on 544272
    Martha Moreno, CPA - Puerto Rico
    To All Japanese people: may the light of the Lord warm your hearts, grant you peace and hope to start a new day and to have a new beginning. Many blessings, you are a very strong country!
  • 15 Mar 2011 12:40
    Reply # 546007 on 544272
    Jeremy Lee-Singapore
    I was sadden to note that a massive tsunami, unleashed by a powerful earthquake, caused widespread damages and massive sufferings to Japan and its people. Please send my condolences and sympathy, especially to those who lost their close friends, relatives and family members. Given the closely knitted society and ingenuity, I am certain the people of Japan will quickly overcome the adversity.   
  • 15 Mar 2011 13:31
    Reply # 546032 on 544272
    michael shell
    Thank you for your leadership. I recommend people get potassium iodine for the water, masks for your face and duct tape for your windows. Btw - does anyone know which way the wind is blowing?
  • 16 Mar 2011 10:49
    Reply # 546073 on 544272
    Anonymous

To Jun and the HR community:

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and friends and our colleagues. The enormity of what has happened is so hard to grasp from Australia, as is the extent of the devastation, personal tragedy and tragic loss of life. 

• 15 Mar 2011 18:59
    Reply # 546117 on 544272
    Randy Aguilar
    "My thoughts and prayers go out to all my friends, their familes, the leaders and all the people of Japan. Stay strong and unite with each other to help those around you. Japan is a strong country and will come back after this devastating event. The whole world is with you and praying for you!" -- Randy Aguilar [Entrepreneur Association of Tokyo @ LinkedIn]
  • 15 Mar 2011 21:22
    Reply # 546152 on 544272
    Paul Gilbert, CEO MedAvante (US)
    To our colleagues in Japan,

The tragic situation resulting from the successive destruction of earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear breach has shocked and saddened the world.

The world community is united in our sadness for the colossal devastation that your country and countrymen suffered. The lives ended and disrupted by this destruction humble all adjectives. On behalf of MedAvante, we extend our deepest sympathy and concern for you and your families; we are thinking of you and hope that you and your loved ones are safe.

We wish that we could provide some measure of comfort, connection, and assistance. Our thoughts and best wishes are with you.

Sincerely,

Paul Gilbert
  • 15 Mar 2011 21:47
    Reply # 546178 on 544272
    Anonymous

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Japan, particularly those who have lost family members in this catastrophic event. What we see on the news each day is making us understand that the devastation is a new reality for your country, with consequences that will require years for recovery. If there is anything we as a global HR community can do to help, please let us know.

Becky - USA